Are you looking for new social media tools?
Want to know what the experts are using?
In this article you’ll discover nine social media tools to save you time and improve your marketing efforts.
#1: Schedule Repins Using BoardBooster
Use BoardBooster to schedule Pinterest. There are several features which you can use daily within BoardBooster, one of the favorite is the “looping” ability.
This feature lets you set a board to repin an older pin from that board, and then delete the original pin or the new pin based on which one performed better.
Some people have wondered if it really matters at what time social media posts are made. Just think about it – If you post an incredible piece of content, but no one’s there to read it, how much has it accomplished? Post at the wrong time and accomplish nothing. Post at the right time and you could grow your online presence by leaps and bounds. It’s especially important if you’re doing social media marketing.
The following infographic displays the best times to post on social media, including Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and blogs:
See the summary down below
Are you focused in delivering the best social media experience to your customers? Do you attempt to connect socially with potential business partners? Busy scouring the web for some of the top news in social media? Solve all of these problems and more with the help of social media communities! There are few communities better to get answers than Google Plus Communities. The users are connected, respectful, and foster a safe environment for discussion and discourse, thanks in part to the public and private features of Google Plus Communities.
In this list, we’ve gathered several kinds of community groups, ranging from groups for certain markets, all the way to networking with business professionals excelling at social media.
Practice as much as you can to connect in these groups. Now, let’s get to it! Here are our top 20 social media communities on Google Plus!
- Social Media Professionals – Whether you’re a beginner or a newbie, discuss social media with professionals from all over the world in the Social Media Professionals group! Get free advice and feedback so that you can see all angles on your social strategy.
- Social Media Marketing by Social Fresh – Post questions, articles, and insights in this social media group by Social Fresh. You’ll certainly see the value this group has once you join and start connecting!
- Social Media Mentors – The Social Media Mentors group was created as a space for thought leaders to share knowledge on Google Plus. Help others and become a leader when you sign up today!
- Social Media Marketing for Business Owners – This marketing group is a great place for social media business owners to increase their visibility. Find new business practices here on the community page!
- Social Media Marketing – Get shared experience, tips, and tricks to social media marketing in this community page. Don’t let your expertise go to waste; have others learn from it instead!
- Social Media Marketing – Upvote Media – In Upvote Media’s group, discuss current social media news and trends with other members. Infographics, articles, and more are regularly posted here.
- Social Media – Let the digital professionals come and connect! Spread your latest news on all things social media in this community.
- Social Media Marketing – The World of Social Business – Participate in the world of social business with this group of professionals. Discuss updates, trade tips, and ruminate on blogging and promotion!
- Social Media Revolutionists – Join the Social Media Revolutionists to get on the inside of industry news! Get at the forefront of the social media revolution to discover new ways of collaboration and connectivity.
- Creative Social Media – Creative Social Media is a space for out-of-the-box thinkers, visualizers, dreamers and more! If you’re a social media creative or designer looking for inspiration, stop on by.
- B2B Social Media – Learn how the marketers in the B2B social media space get their messages out to the right businesses. Topics include social media marketing, success metrics, and content marketing.
- Be Bold, Be Brave: Social Media Community – This is a community devoted to help business owners and marketers find new practices in the space to use social media more effectively. You must comment for every post you submit.
- Social Media & Digital Marketing – Created by Room 214, this community brings together several resources and insights surrounding all things social and digital marketing.
- Automotive Social Media Marketing – If you’re a social media manager in the automotive industry, check out this group! Presented by the Audeo Magazine, this page offers advice on social practices and valuable articles in the space.
- Social Media for Entrepreneurs – Entrepreneur.com presents to us a group aimed to help startups and business owners get a leg up on their more experienced competitors in social media. Join to learn as much as you can to succeed!
- Social Media Trends for Small Business – Ask questions and request feedback on your social media strategy! Social Media Trends for Small Business is open and ready for you to discuss your burning questions.
- Beginners Social Media – Beginners and newbies, gather ‘round! Get assistance on your social media questions and concerns. Best of all, there are no links allowed, so expect only the most useful discussions taking place, spam-free.
- Social Media Moms & Dads! – Social Media Moms and Dads got started in 2010 for individuals who seek to contribute to the web in a big way. Share viewpoints, promote one another, and more!
- Journalism & Social Media – Discuss social media and journalism with fellow professionals! All levels of experience are welcome to learn and distribute valuable resources.
- Social Media Marketing 2014 – 2014 is the year of social media! Strategists and community managers come and bring the best ways to push you further in social media.
People love watching videos online and often spend more time doing so than any other activity. Did you know that, according to Cisco, 90% of all Internet traffic in the next few years will be from video? So if you’re not using video for your business and content marketing efforts yet, you should be. Citizens of the web spend approximately 3.5 hours a month on YouTube alone. The key to making an awesome video people want to share is to make it a worthwhile watch: whether it’s funny, informative or just uniquely entertaining, provide value to your audience.
How to Create a Viral Video
The typical length of video watched online is just under three minutes according to Marketing Profs, so keep it snappy. One of the most important factors for a great video is finding a catchy title and a good cover image. Also when posting on sites like YouTube or Vimeo, be sure to provide a good description and select relevant tags to increase your videos chance at virality and success. Data from Forrester Research suggest that videos are 53 times more likely to appear on the first page of Google search results! Check out the infographic below to learn how you can create a great video and come up with a killer social media sharing strategy.
Since Facebook changed its algorithm and engagement began to drop, many businesses have been looking to other social media sites to increase interaction with potential audiences. Google+ has been a beneficiary of that Facebook drain. People are realizing that it can be easier to get the interaction they want via Google+, which has many opportunities for engagement that Facebook does not.
To really get the most out of your Google+ account, try these six unique strategies for increasing engagement.
1. Post at the Right Time
Just as there are times when it’s optimal to post on Facebook or Twitter, there are times when you can reach the greatest number of Google+ users as well. Try to share either between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. or between 7 p.m. and 10 p.m. on Fridays. This is when usage hits its peak – during lunch hour the last day of the week or right before people head out to have fun on the weekends.
2. Experiment with Circles
Circles are an element unique to Google+ that allow you to separate your contacts by different groups. You can put people who you think fit together into these circles and then reach them with specialized information. It’s especially useful for businesses that want to pitch different things to different people. For instance, if you sell bracelets and rings, you may want to target those who have already bought bracelets with ring-related posts and vice versa.
3. Get a Google Rel=Author Tag
You know how much Google loves for you to use its many platforms? Well, incorporating the rel=author tag, essentially a byline that you carry around the web with you, will pay off with big dividends in Google+, driving people to your page and helping to establish you as an expert in your chosen field. That will drive up engagement as people search you out.
4. Try Out a GIF
GIFs can make you laugh, but they also serve another purpose: They’re highly engaging on Google+. They show that your company is tech-savvy and also has a sense of humor, and people love to comment on things that pique their interest.
5. Use Images Every Time
Overall, people tend to engage more with posts that have images across all social media sites. Every time you post, include some type of image to keep people engaged.
6. Don’t Just Host Hangouts, Attend Them
Of course, it’s not surprising that hosting a Google+ Hangout will increase engagement, because you get to interact with people who have sought you out. But it’s also a good idea to do Hangouts that aren’t for your company. See where the people in your circles are congregating and go hang with them. Examine what they’re asking and what their concerns are, and see how you can address them both on your web site and in your social media strategy.
Social media marketing can lead to more loyal customers, more brand recognition and more repeat business. While there are many technical tips out there for using social media to your advantage, from which type of content to publish to the best time to publish to social media channels, successful social media marketing is also an art. The way you approach the task at hand matters just as much as the nuts and bolts of your social media marketing campaign.
The major difference between social media marketing and traditional marketing is the two-way nature of social media communications, which opens up a lot of opportunity to connect with your audience. So while you should review review specifics of your social media marketing metrics such as your conversion rate, in general, a low engagement rate from your fans is a sign that your efforts are falling short. If your followers are not engaging with your social media content, you need to adjust your approach.
The 21 guidelines in this infographic focus more on the proper approach (the “art”) to social media marketing rather than on the technical details. If you are new to social media marketing, or if your social media marketing efforts have been falling flat, review these tips to make sure you’ve incorporated all of them into your current social media marketing strategy.
- Be authentic on social media. Draw on your own experiences, knowledge and humor.
- Contribute content on social media that offers something of value to your community.
- Measure your social media efforts regularly, and make adjustments as needed.
- It takes time to build trust and a relationship with your followers on social media.
- Don’t use social media for constant self promotion. Engage and share the content of others.
There are more than one billion Facebook users around the world. Is your business set up to take advantage of this audience? Getting Facebook users to like your page is one thing, but turning them into engaged fans and advocates takes a little more effort. Check out the infographic below for practical tips on optimizing your small business’s Facebook presence to attract customers and keep them engaged.